24th April 2020
Thank you for your continued commitment and partnership with the school on the Remote Learning platforms and processes we have undertaken so far. To enhance this our school will be looking to introduce Google Meet from Prep to Year 6. Calls to students will be scheduled by the teacher and students should check their Seesaw (Prep-2) or Google Classroom (Years 3-6) for details, times and dates. Please note, students only have the ability to receive calls from their teacher and not make calls.
Guide for Prep – 2 via the Google Meet App on their iPads. If you do not have Google Meet as an app on your iPad, you will need to download it. For all Prep students you will be receiving your child’s school Gmail address and password through your email.
Guide for Year 3 – 6 via Google Classroom (students already have this on their iPad)
To ensure child safety is paramount, Google Meet allows us to have the following in place:
- Meets can only be created by a teacher and therefore no unsupervised Meets are possible using the school account.
- Users from outside the school are blocked from joining the call. Teachers are alerted if anyone is trying to access the video call without a school email account.
- All Meet video calls will be recorded for eSafety purposes
Our school has chosen to have the following expectations for all students joining a Meet:
- Microphones to be muted before joining the call. Teachers will call upon students to talk and at that time they are able to turn on their microphone.
- Video is allowed but optional for students.
- Ensure the video has a safe and suitable background, in a shared space, free of distractions
- Dress: whilst school uniform is not expected, students should be dressed in appropriate clothing for learning (i.e. no pyjamas)
If you have any further questions about our use of Google Meet, please contact Heidi Chapman-Foehn email@example.com or the school.
We look forward to embracing this challenging time in education with enthusiasm and doing all we can to support students and their families.
Mrs Joanne Webster
Principal< Back to Articles